THE WISDOM FUND: News & Views
April 22, 2009
The Times (UK)

All Suspects in UK 'Student Terror Plot' Released

by Sean O'Neill, et al

All 12 suspects arrested in a security operation intended to thwart what the Prime Minister said was "a very big terrorist plot" have been released without charge.

Eleven of the men -- all Pakistani nationals -- face deportation after they were transferred into the custody of the UK Borders Agency.

The failure to bring charges against any of the men came after police released the final two suspects this morning.

Last night they freed nine men, aged between 22 and 38, after 13 days' detention. An 18-year-old student was transferred to the custody of the UK Border Agency after three days in detention. It is not possible to release suspects on bail under terror legislation. . . .

Mohammed Ayub, a lawyer for three of the men, called for an independent inquiry into Operation Pathway and said their deportation orders would be challenged. "Our clients have no criminal history, they were here lawfully on student visas and all were pursuing their studies and working part-time," he said. "They are neither extremists nor terrorists. Their arrest and detention has been a serious breach of their human rights. As a minimum they are entitled to an unreserved apology." . . .

FULL TEXT



"Four Bombs in 50 Minutes: Iraq Insurgency Comes to London," The Wisdom Fund, July 8, 2005

Nafeez Mossadeq Ahmed, "The London Bombings: An Independent Inquiry," Overlook TP (October 3, 2006)

"Bush Administration Exploited Terror Plots For Political Gain," The Wisdom Fund, February 23, 2008

[The trial of four suspected Islamic militants charged with plotting a series of deadly bombings in Germany began in Dusseldorf on Wednesday. The highly anticipated proceedings have been billed here as the biggest terrorism trial since the top leaders of the far-left Red Army Faction were prosecuted in the 1970s.--Nicholas Kulish, "Trial Opens for Terrorism Suspects in Germany," New York Times, April 22, 2009]

[No one will be brought to justice for the mass murder of 52 people in the 7/7 London bombings, security sources conceded last night as three men were acquitted of helping the terrorists.

After a massive security operation, a four-year investigation and two trials costing well in excess of 100 million, three friends of the lead suicide bomber, Mohammad Sidique Khan, were cleared by a jury of being part of his support cell.--Sean O'Neill and David Brown, "Legal blow as three cleared of 7/7 charges," Financial Times, April 28, 2009]

Robert Verkaik, "How MI5 blackmails British Muslims: 'Work for us or we will say you are a terrorist'," Independent, May 21, 2009

Enver Masud, Crusade: Jihad Against Islam," The Wisdom Fund, March 6, 2011

[After reading much of the available but publicly-unreported witness statements and other evidence relating to 7/7, Tony found that he could only conclude that the official 7/7 narrative was 'a monstrous lie.'

. . . 7/7 had been 'deliberately engineered' to justify British PM Tony Blair standing shoulder to shoulder with Bush in the illegal was in Iraq--Nick Kollerstrom, "UK Police Intel Expert: Government, Not Islam, Real Terror Threat," theintelhub.com, July 12, 2011]

back button